Sunday 8 January 2023

New Year, two orcs

 

 


It is not what I've only painted in the entire 2022 after my previous OWAC but it is what must be shown to the (small) world of people that ends up in this blog.

I enjoy a lot painting the old 3rd edition orcs. Or orcs in general, but mostly the awkward, mean looking sculpts of that era. Especially following my rule of not only green orcs.

ORC1 and Harboth's Orc archers are also pretty easy to paint and do not lack details compared to more modern sculpts. While their armour are much more simple, they have different kind of furs, clothes, pouches, quilts, etc.

I din't have much time by September-October but the easy-to-paint sculpts allowed me to pass these two beauties in the painting queue and accomplish another Orctober as it should be.

Now that I have a reasonable set of Harboth's orcs, minus the champion, I will try to get severeal of the other Kev Adam's sculpts so I have more variation and a complete collections of its amazing orc archers.


The entire regiment will be the mandatory 20 orcs needed for the army list and the Blood Bath at orc drift scenario.

Btw: I did a bit of cheating for Orctober, because, as you can see there are no pictures of the other side. And that's because I didnt paint their proper shields. 

I do not know where did I put my small supply of evil-looking or spiked round shields, but when I found I'll add them their final piece of equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment