Thursday 23 June 2022

OWAC V May's slayed rank & file month

Rank & File Month

 

Instead of troubleshooting, we called the troublemaking department.

It is not a proper dwarf brawl until the orange angry naked guys appear.

 


Oli: Do you think that this is the right direction?

Plissken: I cn assure you that I already smell those orcs, we're near them.

Oli: We shouldn't have gotten into that fight with the giants, maybe the main orc army has reached the mine! Or they're fighting and overnumbering our lord Kazador retinue!

Plissken: tsssh, then we're now on an infiltration mission to save the presid.. I mean, the King.

...

Look. Orcs.

Oli:We must kill them silently before they make any nois..

 

AAAAIIiiieeeh! ORCS! ORCS!

ONE IS MINE!

*extremely loud drum noises* I'LL SMASH YOUR 'EAD!

BRING IT ON!

OOOOOORRRCsssssaaAAAAAARGH!!!

Plissken: Fine, probably all the valley knows we're here!

Snorri: Don't worry, they're just ahead! We've caught them by their backs! TROLLS! Plenty for FOR EVERYONE, GUYS! KILL 'EM ALL!


I imagine that most of the time the slayers are something like the Gutbuster brigade from Forgotten Realms. Tragical and suicidal warriors ruled by their death-oath, yet silly and unruly, as you can't really take too seriously a bunch of orange haired kamikazes.

This month updated comes with

Snorri and his troll slayers (x10 Slayers) - 141 points


I do not claim the points of the leader as Giant Slayer because I didn't paint it in the month leader, so basically he's just a cool dude.


 

As I said in the intro iirc, this special slayer came without the dragon head, but Drew's unused troll heads from my orc and goblin army came to the rescue and are a pretty good substitute.

To my surprise it fits the 20mm base with the troll head. So I am quite happy with the result.

The unit overall was pretty fun to paint, with lots of options for tatoos, body painting, details in the clothes, etc.


 
Berserk tatoo!



 
 Svend D. "Snake" Plissken, of the special slayer forces of Karak Azul



I liked the idea of different races or skins for my dwarfs but too often there's nothing but small tonal changes like in WoW, and few to none real cultural changes. This slayer came from the very south karaks of the Old World, even farther than Karak Azul.

Not only I played with skin variation but also changes in the tattoos. The southerner has a slightly more central african "dwarf-ish" tattoo than the others (sadly I didn't check my photographs because the half angry face in his belly is hardly seen in the lot).

Whereas the most pale skinned dwarf has a traditionally viking-looking tattoo and freckles.

Again, didn't check that I had no good picture of him, the guy with the spiked ball, with the macro lens as I had to make the photos on the go. I can blame my assistant for not pointing out the quality of some pictures during the session.


Always blame the assistant.

Now, for the last batch of miniatures and the recap!

Until next month

Adrian’s out.

No comments:

Post a Comment