Tuesday 31 May 2022

OWAC V April's leader month - Meet King Kazador!

Leader Month


King Kazador stands proudly atop of the dwarf mine while his enemies rout in fear .

Time for the army characters (most of them, I coudln't get Uther in time, but it is probably good to shine with his mighty regiment of renown)

The king slayed one giant orc and finally climbed the small hill where the mineshaft entrance opens. He blowed the mighty horn of Karak Azul while the surviving orcs ran in fear for their lives. 

Another wave have been destroyed, and the dwarf miners and his new allies stood firmly. 

 

"Doc": My lord, the orcs are retreating… there is a large one in the base of the hill, a warlord… Sir, I think I can see Gorfang! 

… 

But he, he’s starting to walk to the rear of the encampent. He seems to be giving orders to a large mob of armoured orcs and trolls while he’s going back.  Is he withdrawing?

Kazador: That scoundrel is getting away! I knew it, I KNEW IT!! ...He will not stand and fight against me, again. 

The king changed from his sudden rage to a sad stance. 

Kazador: Ahhh, forget it. Well, we will reduce that bunch of trolls to a pile of smelly meat. But I will need everyone ready… 

[He stares left and right] Wait, where are Snorri and his lads? That group of thugs and bruisers will come handy and yet they’re loitering somewhere else? 

- My King, they were right before us until we passed that valley where the giant sheepers were, I think they tried to get into a fight with those poor people. 

Kazador: Nevermind, I will blow the horn until they come. Then if they’re not deaf enough they will hear me again for such reprehensible behavior. 


 
Vudrimm: My lords, it is not necessary to stress further such magic and ancient artifact, I have a method to call them here in no time. 


 

Let me use some runic magic to bring those thugs here. 

Kazador: Well, then show me. 

[The runesmith opens a portal]

 

[A sudden burst of uncontrolled violence, gunshots and screams!!]

Kazador: Wait, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! STOP YOU IDIOTS! 

 

+ Oh, my… my apologies. We thought you were daemons assaulting our ship from this portal. It suddenly appeared in our deck. 

Kazador: DO I LOOK LIKE A DEMON? Who are you? 

+ We are the crew of rogue trader Mrrmalon. Known thugs, mercenaries and pirates in four subsect..[watching how Kazador’s face is getting more and more red]

… I… I think that there is no business for us in here. Have a good day, sir. 

Kazador: OFF WITH YOU! 

 

Vudrimm: I think I did not specify correctly the thugs we were looking for during the invocation. Let me try again, my lord. 

Kazador: No, no, no more portals my dear runesmith or I fear we will lose our minds…and probably our heads too the next time. Keep your forces for the battle. 

I will toot as I please.

And that’s all. 

Two commanders for my force. 

Vudrimm Rumblebrow, Runesmith - 78 points

The dwarf runesmith/scribe came from the recent Ral Partha dwarf range and fits perfectly with aesthetics and size of 3rd ed dwarfs. 

It was a replacement for the missing dwarf warriors as I lost a parcel. Funny enough, the shipment was found several months later and I inted to paint the dwarf warrior before I end the challenge!

 


Pretty fun to paint, especially the old book pages. 

 

King Kazador - 494 points


 

King Kazador in all his glory. 

Nothing else special beside the back banner and drilling a bit the horn. I am not completely happy with the back banner material, as it doesn’t fit perfectly (but the pictures do not capture the back flaps so people do not see the mistakes, haha!). 

I couldn’t get it work if I wanted to paint it separated so it was easiery to make the freehands. 

I will try to something else for back banners for a future project… maybe an OWAC project! [thriller movie music] 

Sadly I couldn’t finish the freehand banner for the dwarf warriors on time as I initially wanted. 

Until next month! 

Adrian’s out.

No comments:

Post a Comment