Friday 27 November 2020

Good ol' Harboth

 -Oi! Let's do an epic last standing pose!


In my vision of an orc army based in the Blood Bath at Orc's Drift, I wanted to differentiate each regiment based on miniatures that I could use also in a generic orc army. The Severed Hand orcs as big uns, the Vile Rune as normal boys with the 3rd ed. orcs, the Kwae Karr tribe using the [CLASSIFIED].

However, two of BBOD tribes have a ten man troop armed with bows. While there are some miniatures like the Marauder arrer boys that could be used as big un's with bows in the case of the Severed Hand archers... it is impossible to resist having a 20-orc Harboth's arrer boys troop.

I collected twelve of the 20 man unit I want, but until this day two are left in the painting queue.


I wanted to stay in the same palette as the orc boys, as I like it and think that fits better these old orc sculpts.


Paiting these orcs was pretty easy and enjoyed each orc. Which was also helpful, as this was made during our first lockdown. The morale was struck really hard after 20 days of covid situation with continuous bad news, some family getting ill (through fortunately they did well) and the impossibility of going outside.

The arrer boys was a kind of relief.


I customized the shields on their back, cloning several different types of round shields and painting them in a limited palette of maroon and blue. 
At this point you guessed that I started to love the evil faces. I was resisting to paint lots of them because I needed to finish the monthly entry. Probably the evil faces and runes was the reason two poor arrer boys are still with their first coat.

And that's it for now. I think I will pause the arrer boys until I get the other eight left for the complete troop.
Next month, the big 'un retainers for my general.


No comments:

Post a Comment