Thursday 25 February 2021

Don't Feed the Trolls

 


-No, they smashed my precious mailing box!


The big guys are 'ere. There is no good 'ol orc force without a bunch of these smelly guys wandering around.

These fellas were in my desk from the begining. I couldn't resist to purchase two of the Satyr Art Studio's Bog trolls when a friend of mine didn't want them. They capture the old school vibe, fit perfectly with the C20 trolls despite the size (which I inted to purchase some to grow the family in the future). And more important, if a friend has them means I do not need to purchase 'em from California, which is a lot right now. The only limit to not have more or them, or that lovely remake of the cloud giant, damn, Drew D. William has all the goods.




I wanted a reddish skin in the troll smacking the mailing box, unfortunately, I painted a more white skin tone with some reddish/unhealthy bits. Which was perfect, nonetheless. I couldn't resist to add some meal and, of course, check pattern and free hand in the bits.

The last one is from Tim Prow, sold by Ral Partha Europe. The bone clubs and the monocle give him some character, as well as that long face with huge nose. This time I nailed the reddish tone I wanted with the other troll.


My plan is to expand this unit with some C20 trolls painted with random skin tones as well. No troll shall have similar colour.

That's for now. The big guys are finished, now with the little, cunnin' 'n' sniky-like of the rabble for the next entry.
Check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment